for my family’s annual christmas party i made nutella cupcakes. although really pretty they were a fail they were dry and dense. yuck. oh well, i’ll definitely try again because the nutella frosting was delicious, just the cake part was terrible. i included the recipe below in case you want to try them, maybe yours will turn out better. if you like nutella, i would definitely recommend the frosting!
also, my mom has the best little kitchen gadget. it’s this tube looking thing that measures sticky or goopey stuff easily. there’s a picture of me using it to measure the nutella. it’s just so much easier than using a spatula and measuring cup. it’s made by pampered chef. check it out!
Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
- 10 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 12 tsp Nutella
- Cream together butter and sugar until light, about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs on at a time, until fully incorporated. The batter may not look smooth, this is fine. Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder until batter is smooth and all flour is blended.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter.
- Cups should be 3/4 full if you’re not using a scoop.
- Top each cake with about 1 tsp Nutella.
- Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, folding a little batter up and over the Nutella as well.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and allow to cool before frosting.
from Sourkraut blog
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup nutella
- 8 ounces powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons (or more) of milk or cream
- Cream together the butter and Nutella until blended.
- Add the powdered sugar gradually until ingredients are combined.
- Mix on high speed, adding cream until frosting is smooth and creamy.